|How to identify the grade of aluminum al|
# 02.08.2022 - 04:45:31
Aluminum alloy is an important raw material in construction, daily necessities, decoration, automobile, aerospace and military fields, so the quality of aluminum alloy affects the quality of its downstream products.
How to identify the grade of aluminum alloy and buy qualified ones? There are seven simple tips to help you identify quickly.
1. Check the material of the aluminum alloy. If it is primary aluminum (smelted from raw ore), the cut surface is bright and shiny; if it is recycled aluminum or doped, the cut is dull and the color is impure.
2. Look at the thickness. You can measure the thickness of different aluminum sheets to see if they match their markings.
3. Try its power. When purchasing, you can bend the aluminum sheet or circle moderately by hand to see if the shape can be restored after the hands are removed.
4. Observe the color. The color of the same Aluminum sheet plate ring should be the same. If there is obvious color difference, do not buy lightly.
5. Check the flatness. The surface of the aluminum sheet/ring should be free of bulges or protrusions.
6. Take a look at the gloss. There should be no visible defects such as spots, cracks, burrs and peeling on the surface.
7. Select the appropriate aluminum alloy. There are 8 series of aluminum alloys. Each has different compositions and physical properties. Their prices also vary widely. For example, 1050 aluminum plate is cheap, has good electrical conductivity and high corrosion resistance, but its strength is relatively poor compared with other aluminum alloys such as 5052 aluminum plate. If you like to use it in aerospace, 1050 aluminum plate will not be a suitable choice.
8. Know the brand. As the standard for aluminum alloys has matured, brand can be the last factor. In recent years, the quality of aluminum alloys in my country has been greatly improved, so it is a cost-effective choice. For example, Huawei's aluminum products are becoming more and more reputable.
9. If necessary, check the certificate. For certain kinds of aluminum alloy products or certain regions, a certificate is necessary. Take food-grade aluminum foil as an example. FDA certification is required in the United States and is globally recognized. Huawei food aluminum foil is fully FDA compliant.